As prom season wraps up, and we near the end of May- National Foster Care Month, we are once again amazed at what can happen when a community comes together to help a few girls in foster care realize the prom of their dreams.
For the past two years, Infinity Headbands has collaborated with several people in the community to create a dream prom experience, which we hope is something these girls will never forget.
All of the girls we worked with this year were identified with the help of Eckerd Raising Hope. Once we finalize the participants and learn about their particular prom date, we set up a shopping day. This is always a fun experience and is usually the first time we meet the girls and begin to get to know them. It is incredible how you can see so much personality come through as they try on various dresses. Each girl is unique in her style and her wishes, but one thing is certain...choosing just one dress is difficult when every dress looks so stunning!
Thanks to the helpful and attentive staff at Dillard's, and our generous donors/collaborators from Canvas Fashion Gallery, each girl, ultimately found the perfect dress that helped to make this a "cinderella" experience.
A dream prom would not be complete without a manicure & pedicure, which was graciously provided once again by Pure Natural Nail Lounge the day before each respective prom.
Of course, the finishing touches of makeup and hair are the icing on the cake! Thanks to the time and talent of the artists at Number 9 Salon, Corine Cosmetics, and Lasting Luxe these girls looked and felt like princesses.
Don't they look amazing? We love how Skylar wore the Mckenzie Headband with her half-up-half-down hairstyle.
The beautiful girls pictured here are graduating high school and are headed off to college. From everything we have seen and learned about them, they are both destined for great success! Congratulations and best wishes for all of your dreams to come true.
Thank you for letting us be a part of your "village".
Every contributor happily gave of their time, talent or treasure and enjoys seeing the difference that can be made when people come together. It is our hope that everyone realizes that they can bring joy to kids in foster care, not just around National Foster Care Month, but any day of the year!
Mother's Day is just around the corner, and you know your mama deserves something special on a day celebrating the spirit of motherhood. We have put together a list of ten thoughtful and inexpensive Mother's Day gifts to convey your love and gratitude to the amazing lady in your life.
- A monogrammed change-keeper: A practical gift with a personalized touch, you cannot go wrong with a pretty change-holder monogrammed with your mother's name or initials. Every time she reads her name on it, she will be reminded of you!
- A book she will read: Is your mom a voracious reader? Start looking for discounts on books in her genre of preference. If she has been planning to start an indoor garden, learn quilting, or hone her photography skills, check out the non-fiction aisle at your local bookstore or at an online store selling discounted paperbacks or hardcovers.
- A handcrafted gift: Most creative Mother's Day gifts are handmade. With the right tools and nifty ideas courtesy of Pinterest, you can delight your mom with your effort and unique artistry! A throw basket, a centerpiece with recycled bottles and a wooden frame, colorful coasters, string art and fragrant bath bombs are some ideas to explore.
- A tote bag: There is always use for a tote bag, and no one understands this better than moms all over the world. Go for a reusable, eco-friendly tote with a pretty design that you're sure your mom will love.
- A chic headband: Be your mom's fashion assistant as she makes her style statement this summer in maxi dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses and floaty Bohemian wraps. A pretty headband with attractive detailing is just the accessory to accompany a summer dress, and you know where to find one!
- App downloads: Whether your mom works in an office or at home, she will appreciate handy apps that ease some burden off her. And what better than to let technology help her out with chores and shopping? Check the free app marketplace and download one or two apps that can assist your mom with her work in a meaningful way. A good one is TaskRabbit, which allows users to find quick help with cleaning, delivery, handyman work and other daily tasks.
- Date night: A great gift from the heart, planning a date night for your mom - secretly in collaboration with your dad - is easy to put together. Bake her favorite cookies or order a meal from her favorite restaurant; rent a movie from Red Box, create a nice ambiance with fragrances and flowers, and take care of dish-washing and other duties that night.
- Nail care set: If you have been saving up money for Mother's Day, investing in a nail care set on behalf of your mother will not go unnoticed. As a routine or during winter - when she is disinclined to take the car out to the salon for a mani-pedi, she can still maintain clean, fresh and smooth nails with the nail care kit.
- 'I Love You' deck of cards: A tear-jerker, the 'X things I love about you' deck of cards has become a popular gift idea online. Simple yet evoking deep emotions, it can serve as a tribute to all the qualities you cherish and adore in your mom.
- Chocolates: A classic, chocolates are bound to make your mother's day if she has a sweet tooth. Pick them out in flavors she loves, or if she is adventurous/experimental when it comes to her dessert - try some exotic or new flavors!
Say "hello" to one of our favorite Infinity Headband fashionistas as we bring you our first guest blogger...
Hey, hey! I'm back with the highly anticipated Infinity Headbands collaboration and tutorial! I was introduced to this brand by my friend, Blayne and haven't looked back since! I love how girly these headbands are- they're right up my ally!
Here are a couple quick facts about Infinity Headbands!
- they have a super low price point (perfect for college students!)
- they are adjustable so, they never stretch out
- select styles can be converted to a hard headband by the velcro on the back (click HERE to see how!)
Watch the video below to see how I styled my Infinity Headbands!
Now it wouldn't be a great blog post if I didn't have a discount code for you guys!
Make sure to use code: BLAYNE for 15% off EVERYTHING (including SALE!!!).
Thanks so much for watching and I'll see you guys next time!
Follow me on social media!
Everybody loves a good tailgate party! Want to show up looking fabulous and being the envy of everyone with the latest and greatest Game Day essentials? We've discovered some of this season's cutest accessories along with some partyware for the most fanatical college football fans.
Looking for an easy way to add some flair to your Game Day look? Why not try some hair jewelry in your favorite team colors...
Check out the entire Game Day Collection of adjustable elastic headbands at Infinity Headbands!
How about some arm candy? Bangle bracelets are great, but why not add something unique and eye-catching this season...You'll love the comfort and fashion of these handmade bracelets at affordable prices.
Have any colors made to order by Mikaylove :)
I also love this fun and funky necklace handmade with chunky beads and a sassy tassel!
The gals at ThePoshPigBoutique would be happy to make this necklace in any colors, so just let them know who your favorite team is and you'll be stylin' for the next game.
Don't forget! Most stadiums will not allow you to take purses inside if they are larger than 6"x 6". There are lots of clear plastic options available these days, but I kept searching for something that had the school colors and was also cute. This is, by far, my favorite find:
I got mine at Heads and Tails.
Now that you're looking chic, you'll definitely want to be sporting your favorite team's Tervis Tumbler...
Or perhaps you've jumped on the Yeti bandwagon, but you still want to show your "colors"! Check out these powder coated cups - they are made by SIC (not Yeti) but you'll thank me for saving you at least $20 :)
And seriously...aren't these the cutest designs??
If you don't believe me and you must have Yeti brand, you can also order the custom decals and put them on whatever you please. VinylGifts does it all!
Any finally if you want to make a statement when you show up for your next tailgate, bring your favorite recipe in this cool casserole dish:
Whichever team you cheer for, have fun, enjoy this great football season and look good doing it.
Prom has come and gone. Finals are over and summer is in full swing. But, it is my hope that the memories of a fairy tale prom will be forever etched into the minds of Yocasta and Courtney.
It was a true story of community coming together…from the coffee date where a small idea began to blossom, to engaging the help of Eckerd Raising Hope in identifying girls in need, to the generous gift of dresses and shoes from a personal donor, on to the beauty services provided by local businesses. As Michelle and I say, “it was truly a God thing” that put us together to begin this event.
When I reflect back on the entire journey, there are a few things that stand out in my mind. I am amazed by the spirit of joy and giving that I saw in each person that was a part of this event. They gave of their time and talent and thanked us for inviting them to participate?? I didn’t get it at first…but when I think back on the feelings I had each time one of the girls reached out to me with an idea for their make up style or a question or thought, I get it. Knowing that you are making someone smile or feel happy is the best feeling in the world! When I think about the lesson I want my children to learn, it is simple… When (not if) you have an opportunity to make a positive impact in someone's life – seize it!
I am thankful for new friendships with Christine Holtje, Adrienne Drew and especially with Michelle Burtch (owner of Canvas Gallery, St. Petersburg, FL). Her kindness and compassion inspire me everyday! I look forward to doing this event again, growing it and helping more girls in the years to come. I’m so glad God put us together and I feel blessed to call you all friends.
Thank you to Pure Natural Nail Lounge for the spa afternoon complete with pedicures and manicures
Thank you to Corine Potter – Corine’s Cosmetics for the glamorous custom make up!
Many thanks to the fabulous team at Salon Number 9 for the use of the salon and the beautiful hair styling done by your talented stylists!
The whole "fairy tale prom" experience has reminded me just how simple it can be to make a difference in someone's life. Shouldn't our ultimate goal should always be to make someone smile?